Celebrate the heritage of iconic Japanese materials with a classic bamboo bento box!
The maker of this box, Miyabitake, is world-renowned for making cookware and Bento equipment from Japanese Bamboo. This box is no exception, with stunning weaving to create a box that is as timeless as it is durable.
Incredibly light and strong, the Woven Bamboo Bento Box is a true testament to the qualities of bamboo as a material. Intricate weaving makes for an amazing pattern throughout the entire box.
The bento box is secured with a red band with bamboo details completing its stunning look.
Unlike most other bento boxes, there are no plastic elements, meaning that the food you put inside must be firm in its consistency, such as sandwiches or rice. We recommend placing a non-porous lining like parchment paper inside the box to ensure worry-free transportation.
- Dimensions: 18.5 cm x 10.5 cm x 8 cm
- Weight: Only 77 grams!
- Made from food-grade, treated bamboo
- Made in Oita, Japan
- Hand wash with a mild soap and soft sponge or brush after use. Avoid using harsh cleaners.
- Rinse thoroughly and wipe the wood dry using a soft cloth.
- Allow the washed bamboo to air-dry naturally completely, approximately for a day.
- Do not leave it to soak as this will disfigure the wood over time.
- To prevent natural cracking, treat the bamboo product with a light coat of natural oil, such as coconut oil (avoid food grade oils as they can become rancid if the bamboo product is not used often). Apply a light coat overnight, and then wipe off the excess.
- Do not store it in direct heat; store in a dry area.