The Morihan Uji Matcha Pudding Mix (80g) is a popular dessert mix made by Morihan, a famous tea shop established in 1836 in Uji, the green tea mecca in Kyoto, Japan. Not only is it surprisingly easy to make, the rich flavor of this pudding keeps people coming back for more.
What we love about it:
- So simple, all you need is water!
- Just the right amount of sweetness, with a creamy, pillowy texture.
- Can be used to make other desserts like matcha bread pudding!
Instructions (serves 4 people)
- Pour the pudding mix into bowl (80g)
- Add 250mL of hot water into bowl and stir with pudding mix until it dissolves (about one minute).
- Pour mixture into 4 cups. Allow to cool for a bit.
- Place cups into refrigerator and cool for at least 3 hours to set.
For a single serving, use 20g of the mix with 60mL of water
For extra deliciousness, we recommend adding whipped cream and/or anko paste on top.
- Contains 80g (4 servings)
- Ingredients: Sugar, creaming powder (dextrin, powdered whole milk, vegetable oil, sweetened condensed skim milk, sugar, salt), Green tea, gelatin, gelling agent (carrageenan), emulsifier, pH adjuster, seasoning agent (nucliec acid, disodium succinate), (includes milk, soybean and gelating derived components).
- Nutritional information (single serving of 20g): 88 kcal, protein 1.1g, fat 2.4g, carbohydrates 15.8g, sodium 0.07g
- Made in Uji, Kyoto Japan