How to Make Taiyaki Waffles!
- 250 g sweet red bean anko paste
- 150 g cake flour
- 1 egg
- 2/3 tbsp baking powder
- 180 ml milk
- 40 g sugar
1. Add sugar to whisked egg
2. Mix with sifted flour and baking powder
3. Add milk
4. Turn stove on low heat (note: pan is compatible with gas stoves only )
5. Place pan on stove and grease molds with butter or cooking oil
6. Fill molds halfway with mixture
7. Cook one side until bubbles form, then repeat with other side
8. Add a spoonful of anko red bean paste in two adjacent molds
9. Quickly close pan
10. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, flipping periodically until golden brown
11. Remove from heat and enjoy!
View our taiyaki cooking essentials here!