Bamboo is one of the most classic and iconic Japanese materials out there, it's distinctively Japanese and eco-friendly!
The maker of this box, Miyabitake are experts at making cookware and Bento equipment from Bamboo - this box is no exception, stunning weaving is combined with smart functions making for a beautiful box.
Feel it in your hand and you'll be amazed with how light weight it is! It's really an amazing testament to the qualities of Bamboo as a material. Intricate weaving makes for an amazing pattern that goes through the entire box, inside the lid and the body.
The box is kept together with a beautiful simple and elegant white band - amazing attention to detail.
Using a weaved Bamboo box is a special experience and we want to information you about how to use it best. Unlike most other Bento boxes there are no plastic elements, which means that the food you put inside must be firm in its consistency, such as sandwiches or onigiri or rice, we recommend placing baking sheets or green salad lining inside the box to ensure worry free transportation.
- Weights only 75 gram!
Dimensions: 20 cm x 7 cm x 7.5 cm
Capacity: 580 ml
- Made from food-grade treated Bamboo
Made in Oita, Japan
- Hand wash with a mild soap and soft sponge or brush after use. Avoid using harsh cleaners.
- Rinse thoroughly and wipe the wood dry using a soft cloth.
- Allow the washed bamboo to air-dry naturally completely, approximately for a day.
- Do not leave it to soak as this will disfigure the wood over time.
- To prevent natural cracking, treat the bamboo product with a light coat of natural oil, such as coconut oil (avoid food grade oils as they can become rancid if the bamboo product is not used often). Apply a light coat overnight, and then wipe off the excess.
- Do not store it in direct heat; store in a dry area.