Hinoki Sushi Mold
Hinoki Sushi Mold
IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP.
Get it between -
The Hinoki Sushi Mold kit is a beautifully crafted tool for making oshizushi (or 'pressed sushi') with ease. Consists of a solid Hinoki Cedar wood rectangular mold with regularly spaced grooves that rests on a removable bottom board and a lid to presses the rice.
What we love about it:
- Makes it super easy to make Oshi-zushi, pressed sushi which is sure to wow your family and guests!
- Made from Hinoki, a special type of cedar wood native to Japan that has natural antimicrobial qualities. Hinoki absorbs excess moisture from food, improving its taste. Hinoki is also used to make our Magewappa bento boxes.
How to use:
- Place the mold on top of the bottom board.
- Line the mold with plastic wrap, fill with sushi rice and top with thin slices of raw fish, smoked salmon, thinly sliced vegetables, or whatever you prefer.
- Wrap the plastic over the top of the rice and toppings and push down gently with the top lid.
- Slice the sushi where the grooves are- right through the plastic wrap.
- Voilà- perfectly portioned sushi!
Details and Care:
- Dimensions (fully assembled): 20.9 × 6.7 × 4.8 cm (8.29" x 2.64" x 1.89").
- Care: Hand wash only. Do not leave the parts soaking in water for too long. Wipe with a soft dry cloth after washing and leave to dry out in an airy location.
Made in Mie, Japan.
View our entire Sushi Collection here.
Taxes & Customs FeesAs our products are shipped from Japan they may be subject to taxes and to customs fees in the country of delivery. These costs are the customer’s responsibility.
For our customers in the USA:
Most packages with a declared value that is under $2000 USD will be cleared without any fees.
For our customers in Australia:
Orders below $1000 AUD are regarded as 'low value imports' by Australian customs. As of 01 July 2018, customs duties may apply to any goods imported from overseas by consumers in Australia. For more information please visit the Australian customs website.
For our customers in Canada:
Orders above $20 CAN require that you pay the applicable duties and the GST. For more information please visit the Canadian customs website.
For our customers in the EU:
From 1 July 2021, import VAT is payable on all goods entering the EU, irrespective of their value. For goods with a value of more than €150 you will have to pay Customs Duty in addition to import VAT. The customs value on which Customs Duty is calculated is the cost of the goods plus transport (including postage), any insurance and any handling charges to deliver the goods to the EU. The rate of Customs Duty that applies depends on the goods you import.
Carrier handling fees are typically $10 to $20.
To minimize fees, we recommend selecting the ePacket shipping method and not the Express Shipping Method.
We understand that custom fees are worrying for some of you. We hope that you are reassured by the fact that, when buying on Bento&co, you really are ordering direct from Japan- getting authentic and original Japanese items that are not easily found anywhere else.
For Express Shipping: FedEx, UPS and DHL usually send an invoice a few days after delivery where as EMS (JP Post shipped, delivered by your National Post) generally charges the required sum at delivery.
For Registered & Economy Shipping: Your national carrier will generally bill you when applicable.