Hinoki Sushi Mold
Hinoki Sushi Mold
IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP.
Get it between -
The Hinoki Sushi Mold kit is a beautifully crafted tool for making oshizushi (or 'pressed sushi') with ease. Made from solid Hinoki Cedar wood.
What we love about it:
- Makes it super easy to make Oshi-zushi, pressed sushi which is sure to wow your family and guests!
- Made from Hinoki, a special type of cedar wood native to Japan that has natural antimicrobial qualities. Hinoki absorbs excess moisture from food, improving its taste. Hinoki is also used to make our Magewappa bento boxes.
How to use:
- Place the mold on top of the bottom board.
- Line the mold with plastic wrap, fill with sushi rice and top with thin slices of raw fish, smoked salmon, thinly sliced vegetables, or whatever you prefer.
- Wrap the plastic over the top of the rice and toppings and push down gently with the top lid.
- Slice the sushi where the grooves are- right through the plastic wrap.
- Voilà- perfectly portioned sushi!
Details and Care:
- Dimensions (fully assembled): 20.9 × 6.7 × 4.8 cm (8.29" x 2.64" x 1.89").
- Care: Hand wash only. Do not leave the parts soaking in water for too long. Wipe with a soft dry cloth after washing and leave to dry out in an airy location.
Made in Mie, Japan.
View our entire Sushi Collection here.
Taxes & Customs FeesAs our products are shipped from Japan they may be subject to taxes and to customs fees in the country of delivery. These costs are the customer’s responsibility.
For our customers in the USA:
Most packages with a declared value that is under $2000 USD will be cleared without any fees.
For our customers in Australia:
Orders below $1000 AUD are regarded as 'low value imports' by Australian customs. As of 01 July 2018, customs duties may apply to any goods imported from overseas by consumers in Australia. For more information please visit the Australian customs website.
For our customers in Canada:
Orders above $20 CAN require that you pay the applicable duties and the GST. For more information please visit the Canadian customs website.
For our customers in the EU:
Bento&co is registered in the Import One-Stop Shop (IOSS). As such, VAT is included in product pricing. Bento&co pays VAT fees directly to the authorities.
Orders with a total value less than €150 euros (excluding shipping fees) are exempt from customs duties. You will therefore not have any additional costs to pay in order to receive your package. If you still receive a payment request from a carrier, contact our customer service (email@example.com)
Please note: The IOSS system is reserved for purchases made by individuals. Do not include a company name in your delivery or billing address, or your package will be considered by the carrier as a commercial purchase and you will have to pay customs duties.
Orders with a total value of €150 euros or more (excluding shipping fees) will incur custom duties. In this case, customers are responsible for payment of duties to the shipping carrier. These fees will be invoiced to you either on receipt of your parcel, or a few days after delivery, and are compulsory.
A Lisa Kitahara Favorite
We're honored to partner with the food blogger Lisa Kitahara of Okonomi Kitchen to make these Japanese kitchen items available to you! Selected by Lisa, these are tried-and-true tools she uses in her own kitchen.