Neko Kao Onigiri Set
Neko Kao Onigiri Set
With the Neko Kao Onigiri Set you have all you need shape rice into adorable neko (cat) faces, with a ton of fun variations! Includes molds and cutters (nori punch) and a miniature silicone cutting board.
As with all onigiri, we recommend using Japanese rice (short grain rice). Brown rice works too but may not stick together as well as white rice.
- Insert the base of the cat head mold into the main mold.
- Lightly wet mold with water
- Pack rice into the mold. (Recommended amount is ~ 60 grams)
- Press down using the lid piece
- Flip the mold over to release the rice
- For the face cut-outs, place a sheet of nori seaweed, or a slice of cheese or ham onto the red mat.
- Place the yellow mold on top of the seaweed (side with serrated edges down) and press down to cut out the desired cat face.
- Place the nori seaweed facial feature cutouts onto the rice
To make a calico cat, pour a couple drops of soy sauce to make brown spots! You can have fun making all kinds of different kitties
Details & care:
- Includes a 3 part mold, 2 cutters and a cutting board included.
- Dimensions: 15 x 6 cm (5.9" x 2.4")
- Materials: BPA-free plastic (Polypropylene, ABS resin) silicone mat.
Not Microwave-safe nor Dishwasher-safe. Handwash only.
- Keep out of reach of young children.
- Made in China, Designed in Japan.
Taxes & Customs FeesAs our products are shipped from Japan they may be subject to taxes and to customs fees in the country of delivery. These costs are the customer’s responsibility.
For our customers in the USA:
Most packages with a declared value that is under $2000 USD will be cleared without any fees.
For our customers in Australia:
Orders below $1000 AUD are regarded as 'low value imports' by Australian customs. As of 01 July 2018, customs duties may apply to any goods imported from overseas by consumers in Australia. For more information please visit the Australian customs website.
For our customers in Canada:
Orders above $20 CAN require that you pay the applicable duties and the GST. For more information please visit the Canadian customs website.
For our customers in the EU:
From 1 July 2021, import VAT is payable on all goods entering the EU, irrespective of their value. For goods with a value of more than €150 you will have to pay Customs Duty in addition to import VAT. The customs value on which Customs Duty is calculated is the cost of the goods plus transport (including postage), any insurance and any handling charges to deliver the goods to the EU. The rate of Customs Duty that applies depends on the goods you import.
Carrier handling fees are typically $10 to $20.
To minimize fees, we recommend selecting the ePacket shipping method and not the Express Shipping Method.
We understand that custom fees are worrying for some of you. We hope that you are reassured by the fact that, when buying on Bento&co, you really are ordering direct from Japan- getting authentic and original Japanese items that are not easily found anywhere else.
For Express Shipping: FedEx, UPS and DHL usually send an invoice a few days after delivery where as EMS (JP Post shipped, delivered by your National Post) generally charges the required sum at delivery.
For Registered & Economy Shipping: Your national carrier will generally bill you when applicable.