With the Neko Kao Onigiri Set you have all you need shape rice into adorable neko (cat) faces, with a ton of fun variations! Includes molds and cutters (nori punch) and a miniature silicone cutting board.
Watch the how-to video here:
As with all onigiri, we recommend using Japanese rice (short grain rice). Brown rice works too but may not stick together as well as white rice.
- Insert the base of the cat head mold into the main mold.
- Lightly wet mold with water
- Pack rice into the mold. (Recommended amount is ~ 60 grams)
- Press down using the lid piece
- Flip the mold over to release the rice
- For the face cut-outs, place a sheet of nori seaweed, or a slice of cheese or ham onto the red mat.
- Place the yellow mold on top of the seaweed (side with serrated edges down) and press down to cut out the desired cat face.
- Place the nori seaweed facial feature cutouts onto the rice
To make a calico cat, pour a couple drops of soy sauce to make brown spots! You can have fun making all kinds of different kitties.
Details & care:
- Includes a 3 part mold, 2 cutters and a cutting board included.
- Dimensions: 15 x 6 cm (5.9" x 2.4")
- Materials: BPA-free plastic (Polypropylene, ABS resin) silicone mat.
Not Microwave-safe nor Dishwasher-safe. Handwash only.
- Keep out of reach of young children.
- Made in China, Designed in Japan.