How to Make Sushi Rolls Easily!
Did you know that making delicious sushi rolls (called makizushi in Japan) at home is totally achievable, AND saves you lots of money compared to eating out? And thanks to the Sushinoko Instant Sushi Seasoning, it all just got easier. A best-selling Japanese grocery store classic since 1963, this is a powdered vinegar seasoning free of MSG, additives and gluten. Just mix with your rice, grab your favorite fillings, and start rolling! (We've got all the tools you'll need here)
Ready to start? We’ll show you how to make delicious salmon rolls and California rolls yourself. Check out the video, and cooking instructions below.
Serving: 16 sushi roll slices (8 Salmon roll slices, 8 California roll slices)
- Japanese short-grain rice (1 rice cup = ¾ US cup)
- Nori seaweed (2 sheets)
- Sushinoko Instant Sushi Seasoning
- 7 oz (200grams) Sushi-grade salmon
- ½ Persion/Japanese Cucumber
- 4 Imitation Crab sticks
- ¼ Avocado
- ½ Persian/Japanese Cucumber
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon White Sesame
- Soy sauce
- Gari (pickled ginger)
RecipeMaking Sushi Rice
1. Cook Japanese short-grain rice
2. Once rice is cooked, transfer to sushi oke (or a large bowl)
3. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Sushinoko Sushi Seasoning over cooked rice
4. Mix thoroughly using rice paddle.
5. Taste, and add more Sushinoko Sushi Seasoning if you would like.
6. Leave rice to cool while preparing filling ingredients. Cut cucumbers, remove seeds, and slice into strips. Cut salmon, imitation crab, and avocado into strips. (You can wait to cut avocado until right before using to prevent browning).
7. Place a sheet of nori seaweed on sushi roller
8. Spread a layer of rice on the nori.
9. Place slices of salmon and cucumber on the rice.
10. Roll using the sushi roller.
11. Place plastic wrap on sushi roller and spread rice onto plastic wrap.
12. Place a sheet of nori seaweed on top of rice.
13. Place slices of imitation crab, cucumber on the nori seaweed.
14. Spread mayonnaise on the fillings and top off with avocado
15. Roll with the sushi roller.
16. Remove plastic wrap and sprinkle with white sesame
17. Slice rolls.
18. Serve immediately and enjoy with soy sauce and wasabi! For an elegant way to display your sushi creations, we recommend the Hinoki Wood Sushi Bar Set.
P.S Ready to try making more kinds of sushi? Try making "Oshizushi" pressed sushi with our sushi molds!
Want more rice recipes? Check out our tutorial for making onigiri!