The Magewappa | Koban is a stunning wooden bento box handmade by the craftsmen of Odate Kougeisha, a woodworking company in Odate, Northern Japan. Magewappa, meaning 'bent wood' in Japanese, is a form of woodworking with a history of over 400 years, born out of the cold winters of Odate, Akita and now officially recognized as a Traditional Japanese Craftwork.
The Koban is a large, one-tier, oval shaped box with a lid that covers the sides of the box.
What we love about it:
- Made from sustainably farmed Akita Sugi, famous for its exceptional fragrance and beautiful grain.
- Removable inner divider included.
- Wood is only lightly coated which allows rice packed inside to breathe, making it taste great even when at room temperature.
- Wonderful cedar smell that makes your food taste even better.
- Features the Bento&co logo on the inside of the lid.
- Silky smooth surface and amazing workmanship.
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 13 cm x 6 cm high (8.26" x 5.11" x 2.4")
- Capacity: Approximately 720ml.
- Lovingly made one-by-one in Odate, Akita (Japan) by local craftsmen
Materials: Japanese Cedarwood, Polyurethane
- Wash in lukewarm water with a gentle sponge and mild detergent.
- We recommend packing food that may stain the wood in a separate container, or in divider cups.
- Do not leave soaking in water.
- After washing, wipe off any excess water with a soft cloth, then allow to air-dry with lid off.
- Do not clean with harsh cleansers or bleach.
- Do not microwave or place in the oven, or dishwasher.
- Do not leave in direct sunlight or near fire.
- Do not scratch or scrape with utensils as the coating will be damaged, which can cause the wood to stain.
With proper care, this box will last for many years.