Magewappa Azuki is an azuki bean shaped two-tier bento with a comfortable 890 mL capacity. It is a genuine Odate Magewappa bento box, made from bent strips of exquisite sugi (Japanese cedar wood). Magewappa means 'bent wood' in Japanese and is an officially designated Traditional Craft Form in Japan from Odate, in the northern Akita prefecture.
What we love about it:
- Handmade from silky smooth and fragrant cedar wood
- Includes divider to separate rice from sides.
- Features attractive wood-burned Bento&co logo.
- Delivered in an elegant paper box
- As with all real magewappa ware, the bento box absorbs just the right amount of moisture from the food packed inside so your lunch is still delicious even if eaten at room-temperature.
- Dimensions: 170 x 90 x 95 mm (6.69" x 3.54" x 3.74")
- Materials: Sustainably farmed sugi (Japanese cedar) wood, coated with thin layer of Polyurethane
- Capacity: 890 mL (lower tier 500ml, upper tier 390ml)
- Handwash only
- Not Microwave safe
- Weight: 250 g
- Care: Wash in lukewarm water with a gentle sponge. Do not use dishwasher detergent unless necessary. We recommend packing food that may stain the wood in a separate container, or in bento cups.
- Do not soak in water for long periods.
- After washing, wipe off any excess water with a soft cloth, then leave the box open to dry completely, ideally for one day.
- Handmade in Japan, in Odate, Akita prefecture.