Wooden Magewappa Oval Bento Box | Slim
Welcome the new esteemed maker, Yamaco, with a series of wooden products encompassing hinoki cypress wood, pine, cedar, and more!
The Wooden Magewappa Oval Bento Box | Slim is truly a work of art; gentle natural wood lines run across the lid and body of the bento, bringing the feel of nature to your fingertips.
Magewappa means 'bent wood' in Japanese. It's a traditional form of woodcraft that originated in Odate, in Japan’s northern Akita prefecture. It is an officially designated traditional craft form in Japan. In the past, it was encouraged for farmers and lower-class samurai by the lord of the area as winter work. As with all real magewappa ware, the wood is uncoated, which allows the rice packed inside to breathe, keeping the food fresh and tasty, even when it's cold.
With one spacious tier, this 500mL wooden bento box will fit your favorite lunch meals! As this box is 100% wooden, please do not pack any liquid or watery items as they may leak. The included inner divider helps to keep your bento together on its journey!
Dimensions: 19 x 8 x 5cm
Materials: natural wood wood, polyurethane coating (outside of box)
NOT Dishwasher or Microwave Safe; hand wash only
Made in China
Please see the product care details below; with proper care, this box will last for many years.
Product Care Details
Since the wood is treated just with a thin layer of polyurethane paint on the outside of the box for its finish, some care should be taken with this box:
- Wash in lukewarm water. Use a gentle sponge, nothing abrasive.
- Do not use dishwasher detergent unless absolutely necessary.
- Do not let it soak in cold or hot water for a long time.
- After washing, wipe off any excess water with a soft cloth, then leave the box open to dry completely. Replace the lid only after it has completely dried out, after a day or so.
- We recommend packing food that may stain the wood in a separate container, or in bento cups.
- Avoid metal cutlery.