Weaved Bamboo Bento Box | Medium
Celebrate the heritage of iconic Japanese materials with a classic bamboo bento box!
The maker of this box, Miyabitake, is world-renowned for making cookware and bento equipment from Japanese Bamboo. This box is no exception, with delicate bamboo woven strongly to create a box that is as timeless as it is durable.
Incredibly light and strong, the Weaved Bamboo Bento Box | Medium is a true testament to the qualities of bamboo as a material. Intricate weaving makes for an amazing pattern throughout the entire box.
The bento box is secured with a stunning red band with bamboo details completing its beautiful look.
Unlike most other bento boxes, there are no plastic elements, meaning that the food you put inside must be firm in its consistency, such as sandwiches or rice. We recommend placing a non-porous lining like parchment paper inside the box to ensure worry-free transportation.
Just don’t forget the simple instructions below to preserve the life of your new bamboo product!
Dimensions: 18 x 11 x 7 cm
Material: natural bamboo sourced in Japan
NOT Dishwasher or Microwave Safe! Please see the product care details below
Made in Japan
Since this product is made out of natural bamboo, some care is required:
- Hand wash with a mild soap and soft sponge or brush after use. Avoid using harsh cleaners.
- Rinse thoroughly and wipe the wood dry using a soft cloth.
- Allow the washed bamboo to air-dry naturally completely, approximately for a day.
- Do not leave it to soak as this will disfigure the wood over time.
- To prevent natural cracking, treat the bamboo product with a light coat of natural oil, such as coconut oil (avoid food grade oils as they can become rancid if the bamboo product is not used often). Apply a light coat overnight, and then wipe off the excess.
- Do not store it in direct heat; store in a dry area.