Following our instructional DVD, The Furoshiki Handbook is another great way to learn how to use furoshiki transport cloths to their full advantage.
This book is a great introduction and guide to Japanese traditional wrapping. It will teach you the useful techniques to simply fold Furoshiki to cover all your things (bento boxes, bottles, clothes ... the list goes on!) in an elegant way. The knowledges in this handbook can be put into practice everyday: Furoshiki are truly convenient!
This ultra condensed manual is both written in English and Japanese so that you won't miss anything. It is illustrated with many beautiful pictures and photos - hence making the learning how to use furoshiki even easier.
The Furoshiki Handbook is divided into three sections:
- An introduction to furoshiki history and basic use in Japan
- A complete chapter focusing on wrapping for small to medium objects such as bento boxes but also box and even agenda or ... a dog scarf!
- A special section for larger transpiration Furoshiki bag: learn how to create bags, wrap large objects and more!
- About 110 pages, printed in Japan.
- Dual language, Japanese and easy to understand english.
- Publication: Feb 2015