- Regular price
- $ 114.00 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $ 114.00 USD
- Unit price
ORDER NOW TO REDUCE HOLIDAY CARRIER DELAYS
What we love about it:
- As a dramatic contrast to the natural wood outside, the inside of the box features a striking deep red lacquer that adds an undeniable elegance to any meal.
- Handmade quality and gorgeous, minimalist design makes your everyday lunch feel like a special occasion.
- Made using the traditional Japanese woodworking joinery technique called "kusabi", which provides both durable structure and a nice design accent on each outer corner of the box.
Details & Care:
- Capacity: 620mL
- Dimensions: W22.7 × D8.9 × H 5.2cm
- Materials: Tamo (Japanese Ash) wood, lacquer, urethane.
- Not dishwasher safe. Hand-wash in lukewarm water. Do not use dishwasher detergent unless absolutely necessary. Use a gentle sponge, nothing abrasive.
- Do not leave soaking in water.
- After washing, wipe off any excess water with a soft cloth, then leave the box open to dry completely.
- Not microwave-safe.
- Warning: Be careful not to scratch the inner lacquer coating.
- Made by artisans at Matsuya, Sabae, Fukui prefecture, Japan
Taxes & Customs FeesShipping products from Japan may be subject to taxes and to customs fees in the country of delivery. These costs are the customer’s responsibility.
These costs include the sales tax in the country of delivery (applied to the total value of the order), duties on the cost of products (around 6% for the European Union) and fees to the carrier for handling (typically $10 to $20).
For our customers in the USA:
Most packages with a declared value that is under $2000 USD will be cleared without any fees.
For our customers in Australia:
Orders below $1000 AUD are regarded as 'low value imports' by Australian customs. As of 01 July 2018, customs duties may apply to any goods imported from overseas by consumers in Australia. For more information please visit the Australian customs website.
For our customers in Canada:
Orders above $20 CAN require that you pay the applicable duties and the GST. For more information please visit the Canadian customs website.
For our customers in the EU:
From 1 July 2021, import VAT is payable on all goods entering the EU, irrespective of their value. For goods with a value of more than €150 you will have to pay Customs Duty in addition to import VAT.
To minimize fees, we recommend selecting the ePacket shipping method and not the Express Shipping Method.
The customs value on which Customs Duty is calculated is the cost of the goods plus transport (including postage), any insurance and any handling charges to deliver the goods to the EU. The rate of Customs Duty that applies depends on the goods you import.
We understand that custom fees are worrying for some of you. We hope that you are reassured by the fact that, when buying on Bento&co, you really are ordering direct from Japan- getting authentic and original Japanese items that are not easily found anywhere else.
For Express Shipping: FedEx, UPS and DHL usually send an invoice a few days after delivery where as EMS (JP Post shipped, delivered by your National Post) generally charges the required sum at delivery.
For Registered & Economy Shipping: Your national carrier will generally bill you when applicable.