Nagabako Mokume (which means 'long box with woodgrain' in Japanese) is a roomy 2-tier bento box. The tiers together securely, and can also be used one at a time for times when you have less of an appetite. Each tier or compartment has its own flexible, black leak-resistant inner lid. There is an outer lid and an internal removable divider.
A pair of wooden chopsticks (included) fits neatly into a groove in the inner lid of the upper compartment, with a detachable clip that doubles as a chopstick rest.
A black elastic bento band is also included.
The interior of the box is black, and the exterior is woodgrained, with details actually painted by hand.
- Capacity: 840 ml total capacity, 420ml per tier
- Dimensions: 22 × 6.5 × 9.6 cm (8.7" x 2.6" x 3.8")
- Our 'long' type drawstring bags such as the Black Bag and the Kimono Bags do NOT fit with this box.
- The bento box and outer lid are made of PET and ABS plastic (safe temperature range: -20°C to 140°C (-4°F to 284°F)) and are dishwasher safe. The inner lids are made of polyethylene (safe temperature range: -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)) and should be handwashed. The divider is made of PP.
- The box is microwave safe with the inner and outer lids removed. (Use only for heating up food, say for 2 minutes at 700 watts, not for long-duration cooking!)
- Do not place in the oven or near an open flame.
- Made in Japan, in Ishikawa by Hakoya.