The Miyama bento boxes are all one of a kind and utilize premium wood that has been naturally dried over the course of 5 years. The sugi (Japanese Cedar) wood these boxes are produced with is exclusive to Japan and usually used for housebuilding, furniture and boatbuilding.
The story: After seeing Bento&co featured on TV, a furniture maker from Miyama (a small town in the north of Kyoto Prefecture), was inspired to make bento boxes. After several attempts to perfect his boxes, a satisfied Mr. Asehira presented his best boxes to us - and we were floored by the result!
Details & Care
- Please note: The wood used for the Miyama collection is preserved in a rustic condition to showcase the unique personality of the tree that was used. The wood may have naturally occurring small indentations and marks (featured in the product photos) which are intentionally left to reflect the natural state of the material.
- Coated with beeswax or food-safe urethane
- Dimensions: 18 x 18 x 6 cm (7.1 x 7.1 x 2.3 in)
- Weight: 358g (0.7 lb)
- NOT microwave or dishwasher safe
- Wash by hand using warm water and a cloth. Hand dry with a soft cloth and allow to completely air dry before storing.
- As no plastic seals were used in this box, we recommend using separate sealed bottles to transport sauces and liquids.
- Handcrafted in Miyama, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan