Komamonyo Bento Box
- Regular price
- $ 217.80 USD
- Regular price
$ 242.00 USD
- Sale price
- $ 217.80 USD
- Unit price
Komamonyo is a very special two-tier wooden box featuring a pattern of lacquered rings in a vibrant, yet tasteful Japanese colorway. Use as a bento box or a bonbon container, or simply admire as a statement piece.
The name Komamonyo comes from the Japanese word for 'spinning top' (Koma), a traditional child's toy that was very popular in the middle Edo period (around the 18th-19th centuries). It also symbolizes good luck in the form of ever-constant wealth, and opportunities. Let this bento box inspired by the spinning top bring you luck!
Details & Care:
- Each tier is made out of a single piece of wood, as is the lid. The tiers stack securely.
- Dimensions: φ13.0×12.0 cm
- Materials*: Made of tochi (Japanese Chestnut)
- Lacquered inside and out (the colors are derived from natural urushi lacquer).
- *Note that there may be slight variations in the wood pattern, since no two pieces are alike.
- Do not microwave, place in oven, dishwasher or near open flame.
- Hand wash only.
- Use warm water, a soft sponge and a mild dishwashing detergent if necessary. Rinse well and wipe with a soft cloth.
- With proper care, this box will become a family heirloom. We recommend using a furoshiki wrapping cloth to wrap and carry this box.
- Made in Ishikawa, Japan.
Taxes & Customs FeesShipping products from Japan may be subject to taxes and to customs fees in the country of delivery. These costs are the customer’s responsibility.
These costs include the sales tax in the country of delivery (applied to the total value of the order), duties on the cost of products (around 6% for the European Union) and fees to the carrier for handling (typically $10 to $20).
For our customers in the USA:
Most packages with a declared value that is under $2000 USD will be cleared without any fees.
For our customers in Australia:
Orders below $1000 AUD are regarded as 'low value imports' by Australian customs. As of 01 July 2018, customs duties may apply to any goods imported from overseas by consumers in Australia. For more information please visit the Australian customs website.
For our customers in Canada:
Orders above $20 CAN require that you pay the applicable duties and the GST. For more information please visit the Canadian customs website.
We understand that custom fees are worrying for some of you. We hope that you are reassured by the fact that, when buying on Bento&co, you really are ordering direct from Japan- getting authentic and original Japanese items that are not easily found anywhere else.
For Express Shipping: FedEx, UPS and DHL usually send an invoice a few days after delivery where as EMS (JP Post shipped, delivered by your National Post) generally charges the required sum at delivery.
For Registered & Economy Shipping: Your national carrier will generally bill you when applicable.
The following list describes EU rules for custom fees:
- EU Directives calculated Total Value of the order as a combination of the price of product and shipping fees.
- For orders with a Total Value of 22 Euros and below: Exempted from both tax and import duty.
- For orders with a Total Value ranging between 22 to 150 euros: The buyer is responsible for paying the consumption tax of the total value.
- For orders with a Total Value that exceeds 150 euros, The buyer is responsible for paying both consumption tax and import duty of the total value.