What we love about it:
- Chock full of flavor, thanks to sautéed onions, bouillon and a delectable blend of 25 spices.
- As a powder roux, there is less oil and fat than the standard Japanese curry roux (which means 30% less calories!)
- The powder melts into water and ingredients quickly, meaning you can have your curry ready in 15 minutes!
- Great for anyone who wants to reduce how much wheat flour they consume*
- Versatile—in addition to standard Japanese curry, make "soup curry" or use to flavor other dishes.
- Includes three packets that make 2-3 servings each
- Spice level: Medium (Three out of five)
- Made in Japan
Ingredients: Potato starch, oil (palm oil / rapeseed oil), salt, curry powder, coriander, ginger, sauted onions, mirepoix powder, banana flakes, cardamon, tomato powder, chicken bouillon powder, Yeast extract powder, pork extract powder, onion powder, roasted spice paste, onion extract powder, potato flakes, black pepper, cinnamon, garlic, cloves, red pepper, laurel, nutmeg, celery seed, garlic paste, chicken extract powder, Roasted garlic powder, yeast powder, white pepper / seasoning (amino acids, etc.), caramel, paprika pigment, Ca phosphate, suclarose, Acesulphame K), acidulant, spice extract
Allergen information: Includes sesame, soybeans, chicken, bananas, and pork. *Note: this product is made in a facility that makes other foods with wheat, so there may be traces of wheat. As such, we do not recommend for anyone with highly sensitive wheat/gluten allergies.
- Nutritional Information (1 serving): 53kcal, protein 0.8g, fat 3g, carbohydrate 6.3g, sugar 5.1g, fiber 5.1g, salt 2.2g
Instructions for 2-3 servings
Dice one onion, and cut 200grams of chicken or pork (or protein of your choice) into bite-size pieces
Saute onion and meat on high heat for 4 minutes. Lower heat to medium and cook for 6 minutes.
Turn off heat and add 300mL of water and one packet of Honbiki Curry | Medium Spicy
Simmer curry mixture on low to medium heat while stirring for 5 minutes.