Always wondered what that curry tastes like from your favourite anime? Now you can understand what the hype is all about through our latest addition to our food page: Golden Curry!
See all our curries for a variety of different spice levels!
Golden Curry is one of the most popular curries cooked in Japanese homes. It's thicker, flavourful texture differentiates it from other countries' curries. This particular curry is for all you hotheads with a Level 6 Spice.
Through just 5 simple steps you can enjoy a delicious bowl of Japanese (kare) curry paired with rice (service size for 5-6 or half a box):
- On medium heat, lightly fry your favorite mix of meat & veggies (we recommend beef, potatoes, onions, carrots, etc.) with oil in a pot. Add 750ml of water and keep on medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Switch to low heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and break apart 4 curry blocks (half the box), add one at a time, and mix.
- Back on low heat, simmer for 5 minutes while occasionally stirring.
- Add next to your rice, serve hot, and enjoy! (☆▽☆)
- Serves 10-12 people
- Spice Level: 6 / 6
- Ingredients: wheat flour, palm & rapeseed oil, salt, sugar, curry powder, spices, caramel color, monosodium glutamate, malic acid, disodium guanylate, disodium inosinate
- WARNING: May contain traces of SOYBEANS, MILK, PEANUTS.