Owan (お碗) is the term for a traditional Japanese bowl. The Owan tsukimi bento box imitates this shape. Tsukimi(月見) means “to gaze at the moon”, which is what the little rabbit on the lid is doing. The golden moon and little rabbit add a beautiful touch to this bento, which is both practical and aesthetically pleasing.
The Owan Tsukimi bento has two compartments. The upper compartment, which fits neatly into the main bowl, is divided into two sections, and the lower compartment is big enough to hold plenty or rice or pasta. The exterior of the box is black, and the interior is a dark red. A black, elastic bento belt is included.
- Capacity: 590 ml total (250ml upper compartment, 340ml lower compartment)
- Dimensions: 137mm (5.39") in diameter, height 78mm (3")
Composition and care
- The bento box is made of PET and ABS (safe temperature range: -20°C to 140°C (-4°F to 284°F)) and is dishwasher safe.
- The box is microwave safe with the outer lid removed.
- Do not place in the oven or near an open flame.
- Made in Japan, in Ishikawa by Hakoya.