Chef Bento 2018: Contest Rules
Chef Bento 2018 Contest is starting the 13th April 2018!
Sharpen your cooking skills and get ready to make your best bento yet ~
You have until the 24th April 2018 (12 noon, JST time) to submit your entry.
This year's theme is: Before & After
I. Can I enter this contest?
The contest is free and open to all people over the age of 18 years. Participants must read these rules and agree to them.
II. Participation and General Principles
"BEFORE & AFTER"
We would like to see your most beautiful bento, but also the ingredients you used.
Here are some rules for this contest:
- The Bento must be for 1 person.
- The bento box must be of one or two compartments maximum. No picnic or XL boxes allowed.
- Your bento should be a full balanced meal
- As we can't taste your bento, visuals are the single most important factor for assessment: your bento should be well presented and photogenic!
- Submit 2 pictures (no more, no less) :
- One picture before preparing your bento: show us the bento box surrounded with all the ingredients you are going to use.
- One picture after creating the bento: take the most beautiful picture possible of your bento, ready to eat!
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us : at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Submitting your entry
- Each contestant can enter only once (with 2 pictures)
- Please do not attach a watermark! By participating in the contest, the contestant agrees that the photos submitted for the contest can be utilized on Bento&co's Website and related social media sites (online shops, blogs, facebook pages, twitter, etc.).
- Using the entry form, contests will be required to fully complete the form in order to submit an entry.
3. Announcement of winners
Based on the best entries, Bento&co will pick two grand winners from the participants and 10 finalists. The 10 finalists and the 2 Grand Winners will be announced on 27th April 2018.
The ranking of the 10 finalists will be decided through an online public vote via the Bento&co website. Voting will close 7th May 2018 at 12PM (JST).
The ranking of the 10 finalists, decided by the public votes, will be announced on the 10th May 2018.
All winners will be notified by email.
Grand Winner - residing outside of Japan
One grand winner will be chosen from contestants who are residing outside of Japan will be awarded a round-trip plane ticket to Japan.
Grand Winner - residing within Japan
One grand winner will be chosen from contestants who are residing within Japan, this person will be awarded a single night's stay for two people at a hotel in Kyoto.
Additional costs during the trip (extended period of stay, transportation, meals, activities etc.) will not be included. The dates of these trips will be determined after the contest is over. Bento&co will not be held responsible for any problems that may occur while the winners are on these trips.
TOP 10 FINALIST PRIZES
The top 10 finalists will receive gifts from Bento&co partners. The ranking of the top 10 finalists, determined by votes, will also determine the prizes awarded to them.
Everybody's a Winner
Every submission will receive a one-time 10% discount for the Bento&co website.