Golden Curry | MILD
- Regular price
- £4.00 GBP
- Regular price
- Sale price
- £4.00 GBP
- Unit price
IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP.
Get it between -
ORDER NOW TO REDUCE HOLIDAY CARRIER DELAYS
Always wondered what that curry tastes like from your favourite anime? Now you can understand what the hype is all about through our latest addition to our food page: Golden Curry!
See all our curries for a variety of different spice levels!
Golden Curry is one of the most popular curries cooked in Japanese homes. It's thicker texture differentiates it from other countries' curries. This particular curry is for beginners who want to try new taste and is a good way to train before try the spiced ones.
Follow the steps below to enjoy a delicious bowl of Japanese (kare) curry paired with rice (Using half a box, serves 5-6 people):
2. Heat large pot over medium heat and lightly coat the bottom of the pan with 2 tablespoons oil.
3. Brown the onions, and then the meat. Add potatoes and carrots and cook all together.
4. Add 3 3/4 cups water and bring to a boil. Skim the scum and fat off the surface.
5. Simmer at low heat for 20 min or until veggies have become tender.
6. Turn off heat.
7. Take half a box of curry roux and drop 1-2 blocks at a time into the pot. Wait for it to dissolve.
8. Gently stir to make sure curry roux is thoroughly melted and simmer at low heat until the curry thickens (about 5 min).
9. Serve with rice.
- Serves 10-12 people
- Spice Level: 1 / 5
- Ingredients: wheat flour, palm & rapeseed oil, salt, sugar, curry powder, spices, caramel color, monosodium glutamate, malic acid, disodium guanylate, disodium inosinate
- WARNING: May contain traces of SOYBEANS, MILK, APPLE & GELATINE.
Taxes & Customs FeesShipping products from Japan may be subject to taxes and to customs fees in the country of delivery. These costs are the customer’s responsibility.
These costs include the sales tax in the country of delivery (applied to the total value of the order), duties on the cost of products (around 6% for the European Union) and fees to the carrier for handling (typically $10 to $20).
For our customers in the USA:
Most packages with a declared value that is under $2000 USD will be cleared without any fees.
For our customers in Australia:
Orders below $1000 AUD are regarded as 'low value imports' by Australian customs. As of 01 July 2018, customs duties may apply to any goods imported from overseas by consumers in Australia. For more information please visit the Australian customs website.
For our customers in Canada:
Orders above $20 CAN require that you pay the applicable duties and the GST. For more information please visit the Canadian customs website.
For our customers in the EU:
From 1 July 2021, import VAT is payable on all goods entering the EU, irrespective of their value. For goods with a value of more than €150 you will have to pay Customs Duty in addition to import VAT.
To minimize fees, we recommend selecting the ePacket shipping method and not the Express Shipping Method.
The customs value on which Customs Duty is calculated is the cost of the goods plus transport (including postage), any insurance and any handling charges to deliver the goods to the EU. The rate of Customs Duty that applies depends on the goods you import.
We understand that custom fees are worrying for some of you. We hope that you are reassured by the fact that, when buying on Bento&co, you really are ordering direct from Japan- getting authentic and original Japanese items that are not easily found anywhere else.
For Express Shipping: FedEx, UPS and DHL usually send an invoice a few days after delivery where as EMS (JP Post shipped, delivered by your National Post) generally charges the required sum at delivery.
For Registered & Economy Shipping: Your national carrier will generally bill you when applicable.