Wooden Sushi Oke
Have a sushi party at home with the Wooden Sushi Oke! A Sushi Oke, otherwise known as a handai or hangiri, is a traditional wooden container used when preparing and serving rice, particularly vinegared sushi.
What we love about it:
- Absorbs excess moisture keeping the rice from getting mushy or dry
- Gives a pleasant wood aroma to the rice
- Comes with two bamboo paddles to serve rice!
How to make sushi rice:
- Cook rice (short-grain Japanese rice)
- Transfer cooked rice to the sushi oke.
- Mix with sushi vinegar
- Use the completed rice to make sushi rolls with our sushi roller, temaki sushi (handrolls), or chirashi zushi!
- Capacity: 700 grams of cooked rice (Two rice cooker cups (gō 合) of rice). Roughly 3-4 servings.
- Dimensions: Diameter 22cm, Height 7cm
- Material: Oke: Wood, plastic (hoops), Rice Paddle: bamboo
Care: Do not microwave. Handwash only. Leave to dry after wiping but avoid direct sunlight. Please do not leave water inside for long periods of time.
- Made in China