Welcome new products from the esteemed Japanese maker, Yamaco! These innovative items are often found in high end restaurants around Japan, and now we are bringing them to your doorstep.
Shokado bento boxes (松花堂弁当) are traditionally used as traditional restaurant or formal dinner bento boxes in Japan! If you go to a ryokan (旅館, traditional Japanese inn) you will likely be served dinner in shokado bento boxes.
The Yamaco Wood Shokado Bento | Divider B Small has a ‘X’ shape, and can be used to divide your Yamako Wood Shokado Bento | Nami original partitions into even smaller partitions! In total, you can create 16 small squares by inserting a divider into each of the four initial squares! See the included photos for some inspiration!
Made out of natural Japanese hinoki cypress wood, this divider will feel light in your hand! Hinoki wood is only found Japan, and is considered sacred, being used for generations as material for building palaces, temples and shrines. Alongside its natural anti-bacterial, anti-mould, and anti-mite properties, hinoki wood also has a long lasting unique fragrance that is relaxing and calming.
Dimensions: 11.3 x 11.3 x 1.5cm
Materials: natural hinoki cypress wood
NOT Dishwasher or Microwave Safe! See product care details below
Made in Japan
Since this product is made out of natural wood, some care is required:
- Hand wash with a mild soap and soft sponge or brush after use. Avoid using harsh cleaners.
- Rinse thoroughly and wipe the wood dry using a soft cloth.
- Allow the washed divider to air-dry naturally completely, approximately for a day.
- Do not leave it to soak as this will disfigure the wood over time.
- To prevent natural cracking, treat the wooden divider with a light coat of natural food-grade mineral oil, such as coconut oil (avoid food grade oils as they can become rancid if the wooden dish is not used often). Apply a light coat overnight, and then wipe off the excess.
- Do not store it in direct heat; store in a dry area.