Welcome new products from the esteemed Japanese maker, Yamaco! These innovative items are often found in high end restaurants around Japan, and now we are bringing them to your doorstep.
Yamaco Wood Cheese Platter | Rectangle really showcases the natural beauty of hinoki (檜, Japanese cypress), with the shining wood displaying various hues that have slowly developed over time. Naturally stain-resistant, this wooden platter is also eco-friendly! With the ‘staircase’ creating five small shelves spiralling up above the rectangular base, this platter is a unique way to create a cheese platter, or maybe even an antipasto platter! A few small appetizer dishes could be placed on the rectangular shelf next to the ‘staircase’.
Made out of natural Japanese hinoki cypress wood, this plate will feel light in your hand! Hinoki wood is only found Japan, and is considered sacred, being used for generations as material for building palaces, temples and shrines. Alongside its natural anti-bacterial, anti-mould, and anti-mite properties, hinoki wood also has a long lasting unique fragrance that is relaxing and calming.
Dimensions: 33 x 33.5 x 13.5cm
Materials: natural hinoki cypress wood
NOT Dishwasher or Microwave Safe! See product care details below
Made in Japan
Since this product is made out of natural wood, some care is required:
- Hand wash with a mild soap and soft sponge or brush after use. Avoid using harsh cleaners.
- Rinse thoroughly and wipe the wood dry using a soft cloth.
- Allow the washed plate to air-dry naturally completely, approximately for a day.
- Do not leave it to soak as this will disfigure the wood over time.
- To prevent natural cracking, treat the wooden platter with a light coat of natural food-grade mineral oil, such as coconut oil (avoid food grade oils as they can become rancid if the wooden dish is not used often). Apply a light coat overnight, and then wipe off the excess.
- Do not store it in direct heat; store in a dry area.