Hinoki Cypress Artisan Mini Box | Heart
This unique traditional Japanese bento box is handcrafted out of Japanese cedar wood. We are proud to offer this artisan product to you, directly from Japan.
Welcome new products from the esteemed Japanese maker, Yamaco! These innovative items are often found in high end restaurants around Japan, and now we are bringing them to your doorstep.
The Hinoki Cypress Artisan Mini Box | Heart
is part of Yamaco’s Japan series which features bento boxes made exclusively in Japan using Japanese materials. Gentle natural wood lines run across the lid and body of the bento, bringing the feel of nature to your fingertips. With the shape of a heart, this cute little box is ideal for Valentine’s Day, date night, or any other romantic occasion! Check out our heart themed accessories to make the perfect romantic bento.
This box really showcases the natural beauty of hinoki (檜, Japanese cypress), with the shining wood displaying various hues that have slowly developed over time. Naturally stain-resistant, this little box is also eco-friendly! Hinoki wood is only found in Japan, and is considered sacred, being used for generations as material for building palaces, temples and shrines. Alongside its natural anti-bacterial, anti-mould, and anti-mite properties, hinoki wood also has a long lasting unique fragrance that is relaxing and calming.
As this box is 100% wooden, please do not pack any liquid or watery items as they may leak.
Dimensions: 6.5 x 3.8cm
Materials: natural hinoki cypress wood
NOT Dishwasher or Microwave Safe!
Made in Japan
Please see the product care details below; with proper care, this box will last for many years.
Product Care Details
Since this product is made out of natural wood, some care is required:
- Hand wash with a mild soap and soft sponge or brush after use. Avoid using harsh cleaners.
- Rinse thoroughly and wipe the wood dry using a soft cloth.
- Allow the washed bento to air-dry naturally completely, approximately for a day.
- Do not leave it to soak as this will disfigure the wood over time.
- To prevent natural cracking, treat the wooden plate with a light coat of natural food-grade mineral oil, such as coconut oil (avoid food grade oils as they can become rancid if the wooden dish is not used often). Apply a light coat overnight, and then wipe off the excess.
- Do not store it in direct heat; store in a dry area.