This unique traditional Japanese bento box is handcrafted out of Japanese cedar wood. We are proud to offer this artisan product to you, directly from Japan.
Welcome new products from the esteemed Japanese maker, Yamaco! These innovative items are often found in high end restaurants around Japan, and now we are bringing them to your doorstep.
The Cedar Artisan Bento Box is part of Yamaco’s Japan series which features bento boxes made exclusively in Japan using Japanese materials. With one tier, this 500mL wooden bento box will fit your favorite lunch meals! As this box is 100% wooden, please do not pack any liquid or watery items as they may leak.
Dimensions: 16 x 10 x 6.2cm
Materials: Japanese cedar wood, polyurethane coating (outside of box),
NOT Dishwasher or Microwave Safe; hand wash only
Made in Japan
Please see the product care details below; with proper care, this box will last for many years.
Product Care Details
Made from sustainably farmed sugi (Japanese cedar) wood. Since the wood is treated just with a thin layer of polyurethane paint on the outside of the box for its finish, some care should be taken with this box:
- Wash in lukewarm water. Use a gentle sponge, nothing abrasive.
- Do not use dishwasher detergent unless absolutely necessary.
- Do not let it soak in cold or hot water for a long time.
- After washing, wipe off any excess water with a soft cloth, then leave the box open to dry completely. Replace the lid only after it has completely dried out, after a day or so.
- We recommend packing food that may stain the wood in a separate container, or in bento cups.
- Avoid metal cutlery.