Your rice balls will never be boring with the Usagi & Hiyoko Onigiri set! Easily create small rice balls in the shape of a bunny and an egg/chick. Includes mold to shape the rice balls, hole puncher for facial features and a cut-out tool for garnishes. An absolute must for Easter/springtime, or when you want to fill your bento with cute bunnies.
As with all onigiri, we recommend using Japanese rice (short grain rice). Brown rice works too but may not stick together as well as white rice.
- Insert the base of the bunny/egg mold into the main mold.
- Lightly wet mold with water
- Pack rice into the mold. (Recommended amount is ~ 20 grams)
- Press down using the lid piece
- Flip the mold over to release the rice
- For the face cut-outs, use the hole-puncher tool with a sheet of nori seaweed, or a slice of cheese or ham.
- Place the facial feature cutouts onto the rice.
- For garnishes, place the white cut-out tool on top of seaweed/cheese/ham, vegetables.
Details & care:
- Includes a 3 part mold, 1 cut-out tool, one hole-puncher
- Dimensions: Mold-spoon 15.5 cm x 4 cm x 3 cm, Punch-out Cutter : 2.5 cm x 2.5 cm x 3 cm, Cookie cutters : 12 cm x 6.5 cm x 1.5 cm
Materials: BPA-free plastic (Polypropylene, ABS resin)
Not Microwave-safe nor Dishwasher-safe. Handwash only.
- Keep out of reach of young children.
- Made in China, Designed in Japan.