Watch the how-to video here:
As with all onigiri, we recommend using Japanese rice (short grain rice). Brown rice works too but may not stick together as well as white rice.
- Insert the base of the puppy head mold into the main mold.
- Lightly wet mold with water
- Pack rice into the mold. (Recommended amount is ~ 80 grams)
- Press down using the lid piece
- Flip the mold over to release the rice
- For the face cut-outs, place a sheet of nori seaweed, or a slice of cheese or ham onto the silicone mat.
- Place the cut-out tool on top of the seaweed (side with serrated edges down) and press down to cut out the desired puppy face.
- Place the facial feature cutouts onto the rice
Details & care:
- Includes a 3 part mold, 2 cutters and a cutting board.
- Dimensions: Mold-spoon: 12cm x 7cm x 5cm, Cutters (2): 16cm x 6.5cm x 1 cm, Cutting base: 7cm x 4.5cm x 0.3cm
Materials: BPA-free plastic (Polypropylene, ABS resin) silicone mat.
Not Microwave-safe nor Dishwasher-safe. Handwash only.
- Keep out of reach of young children.
- Made in China, Designed in Japan.