Neko Kao Onigiri Set
- Regular price
- $ 12.06 USD
- Regular price
$ 13.40 USD
- Sale price
- $ 12.06 USD
- Unit price
With the Neko Kao Onigiri Set you have all you need shape rice into adorable neko (cat) faces, with a ton of fun variations! Includes molds and cutters (nori punch) and a miniature silicone cutting board.
Watch the how-to video here:
As with all onigiri, we recommend using Japanese rice (short grain rice). Brown rice works too but may not stick together as well as white rice.
- Insert the base of the cat head mold into the main mold.
- Lightly wet mold with water
- Pack rice into the mold. (Recommended amount is ~ 60 grams)
- Press down using the lid piece
- Flip the mold over to release the rice
- For the face cut-outs, place a sheet of nori seaweed, or a slice of cheese or ham onto the red mat.
- Place the yellow mold on top of the seaweed (side with serrated edges down) and press down to cut out the desired cat face.
- Place the nori seaweed facial feature cutouts onto the rice
To make a calico cat, pour a couple drops of soy sauce to make brown spots! You can have fun making all kinds of different kitties.
Details & care:
- Includes a 3 part mold, 2 cutters and a cutting board included.
- Dimensions: 15 x 6 cm (5.9" x 2.4")
- Materials: BPA-free plastic (Polypropylene, ABS resin) silicone mat.
Not Microwave-safe nor Dishwasher-safe. Handwash only.
- Keep out of reach of young children.
- Made in China, Designed in Japan.
Taxes & Customs FeesShipping products from Japan may be subject to taxes and to customs fees in the country of delivery. These costs are the customer’s responsibility.
These costs include the sales tax in the country of delivery (applied to the total value of the order), duties on the cost of products (around 6% for the European Union) and fees to the carrier for handling (typically $10 to $20).
For our customers in the USA:
Most packages with a declared value that is under $2000 USD will be cleared without any fees.
For our customers in Australia:
Orders below $1000 AUD are regarded as 'low value imports' by Australian customs. As of 01 July 2018, customs duties may apply to any goods imported from overseas by consumers in Australia. For more information please visit the Australian customs website.
For our customers in Canada:
Orders above $20 CAN require that you pay the applicable duties and the GST. For more information please visit the Canadian customs website.
We understand that custom fees are worrying for some of you. We hope that you are reassured by the fact that, when buying on Bento&co, you really are ordering direct from Japan- getting authentic and original Japanese items that are not easily found anywhere else.
For Express Shipping: FedEx, UPS and DHL usually send an invoice a few days after delivery where as EMS (JP Post shipped, delivered by your National Post) generally charges the required sum at delivery.
For Registered & Economy Shipping: Your national carrier will generally bill you when applicable.
The following list describes EU rules for custom fees:
- EU Directives calculated Total Value of the order as a combination of the price of product and shipping fees.
- For orders with a Total Value of 22 Euros and below: Exempted from both tax and import duty.
- For orders with a Total Value ranging between 22 to 150 euros: The buyer is responsible for paying the consumption tax of the total value.
- For orders with a Total Value that exceeds 150 euros, The buyer is responsible for paying both consumption tax and import duty of the total value.