Kokeshi Bento | Maneki-Neko White
- Regular price
- $ 17.55 USD
- Regular price
$ 19.50 USD
- Sale price
- $ 17.55 USD
- Unit price
What we love about it:
- Adorable maneki-neko (lucky Japanese beckoning cat) design that looks great, whether on your desk at lunchtime, or on display in your home.
- 2 tier design, topped with an inverted bowl that looks like a charming hat/headpiece for the bento box!
- Included bowl can be used to enjoy hot soup at mealtime (just pack some freeze-dried miso soup, or other instant soup with your bento!)
- Includes an elastic band to hold everything together
Details & Care
Total capacity: 640ml. Each closed compartment holds 200ml, and the bowl can hold up to 240ml.
The upper compartment has a domed, leak-resistant inner lid. However, we recommend not packing soupy/liquidy foods to prevent any spills.
Dimensions: 10 cm diameter x 13 cm (3.9"x 5.12")
Material: PET-ABS. BPA-free
- Microwave safe with lids removed (3 min at 500W or 2 min at 1000W)
Hand-washing recommended. (The manufacturer has specified that this item is dishwasher safe, with liquid soap specifically, and not dishwashing tablets. However, as American/European dishwashers are often stronger than Japanese dishwashers, we recommend hand-washing just to ensure the hand-painted details do not come off).
Do not place in the oven or near an open flame.
Made in Ishikawa, Japan
Taxes & Customs FeesShipping products from Japan may be subject to taxes and to customs fees in the country of delivery. These costs are the customer’s responsibility.
These costs include the sales tax in the country of delivery (applied to the total value of the order), duties on the cost of products (around 6% for the European Union) and fees to the carrier for handling (typically $10 to $20).
For our customers in the USA:
Most packages with a declared value that is under $2000 USD will be cleared without any fees.
For our customers in Australia:
Orders below $1000 AUD are regarded as 'low value imports' by Australian customs. As of 01 July 2018, customs duties may apply to any goods imported from overseas by consumers in Australia. For more information please visit the Australian customs website.
For our customers in Canada:
Orders above $20 CAN require that you pay the applicable duties and the GST. For more information please visit the Canadian customs website.
We understand that custom fees are worrying for some of you. We hope that you are reassured by the fact that, when buying on Bento&co, you really are ordering direct from Japan- getting authentic and original Japanese items that are not easily found anywhere else.
For Express Shipping: FedEx, UPS and DHL usually send an invoice a few days after delivery where as EMS (JP Post shipped, delivered by your National Post) generally charges the required sum at delivery.
For Registered & Economy Shipping: Your national carrier will generally bill you when applicable.
The following list describes EU rules for custom fees:
- EU Directives calculated Total Value of the order as a combination of the price of product and shipping fees.
- For orders with a Total Value of 22 Euros and below: Exempted from both tax and import duty.
- For orders with a Total Value ranging between 22 to 150 euros: The buyer is responsible for paying the consumption tax of the total value.
- For orders with a Total Value that exceeds 150 euros, The buyer is responsible for paying both consumption tax and import duty of the total value.