Check out the delicious Original flavor as well.
What we love about it:
- Perfect for when you start to feel munchy in between meals. The combination of peanuts and rice crackers really hits the spot!
- Healthy alternative to potato chips as this snack is baked, not fried.
- Delicious with some hot Japanese tea. Also GREAT as a bar snack with beer!
- Comes in 6 mini packs (29 g each), perfect for convenient snacks on the go.
- Do not give to children 5yrs and younger, or if child is crying as the peanuts may be a choking hazard.
- Contains 6 packets of 29 grams (173 grams total)
Ingredients: Rice flour, starch, peanuts (peanuts, vegetable oil, salt), soy sauce, wasabi seasoning, sugar, seafood extract, protein hydrolyzate, konbu seaweed extract, powdered wasabi, starch, sorbitol, caramel pigment, paprika pigment, emulsifiers, spice extracts
- Allergy information: Contains peanuts, soy and wheat. Made in a facility that also processes tree nuts, milk, fish and egg.
- Nutritional Information (per packet): 130kcal per bag, protein 3.5 grams, fat 4.2 g, carbohydrates 19.6 g, sodium 0.59 g
Kaki-pi Fun Facts:
- The name comes from "kaki no tane", meaning persimmon seeds, which the crescent-shaped senbei crackers resemble, and "pi" short for piinattsu (peanuts).
- The blue stripe/ribbon on the packaging was added in 1994 to differentiate Kaki-pi from knock-offs.
- The ratio of the senbei crackers to peanuts is 7:3, which was voted as the most delicious ratio in a nationwide survey in Japan.
- In Japan, October 10th has been designated as "Kaki-Pi Day", as the crescent senbei resemble the number "1" and the peanuts resemble the number "0".
- The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) officially approved Kaki-Pi as “Space Japanese Food” in 2017.