Check out the delicious Wasabi version as well.
What we love about it:
- Perfect for when you start to feel munchy in between meals. The combination of peanuts and rice crackers really hits the spot!
- Healthy alternative to potato chips as this snack is baked, not fried.
- Delicious with some hot Japanese tea. Also GREAT as a bar snack with beer!
- Comes in 6 mini packs (32g each), perfect for convenient snacks on the go.
- Do not give to children 5yrs and younger, or if child is crying as the peanuts may be a choking hazard.
- Contains 6 packets of 32 grams (190 grams total)
Ingredients: Rice flour, starch, peanuts (peanuts, vegetable oil, salt), soy sauce, sugar, seafood extract, protein hydrolyzate, konbu seaweed extract, salt, starch, seasoning, sorbitol, caramel pigment, paprika pigment, emulsifiers, spice extracts
- Allergy information: Contains peanuts, soy and wheat. Made in a facility that also processes tree nuts, milk, fish and egg.
- Nutritional Information (per packet): 144kcal per bag, protein 3.8grams, fat 4.5 g, carbohydrates 22g, sodium 0.41g
Kaki-pi Fun Facts:
- The name comes from "kaki no tane", meaning persimmon seeds, which the crescent-shaped senbei crackers resemble, and "pi" short for piinattsu (peanuts).
- The blue stripe/ribbon on the packaging was added in 1994 to differentiate Kaki-pi from knock-offs.
- The ratio of the senbei crackers to peanuts is 7:3, which was voted as the most delicious ratio in a nationwide survey in Japan.
- In Japan, October 10th has been designated as "Kaki-Pi Day", as the crescent senbei resemble the number "1" and the peanuts resemble the number "0".
- The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) officially approved Kaki-Pi as “Space Japanese Food” in 2017.