Always wondered what that curry tastes like from your favourite anime? Now you can understand what the hype is all about through our latest addition to our food page: Golden Curry!
See all our curries for a variety of different spice levels!
Golden Curry is one of the most popular curries cooked in Japanese homes. It's thicker texture differentiates it from other countries' curries. This particular curry is for beginners who want to try new taste and is a good way to train before try the spiced ones.
Follow the steps below to enjoy a delicious bowl of Japanese (kare) curry paired with rice (Using half a box, serves 5-6 people):
2. Heat large pot over medium heat and lightly coat the bottom of the pan with 2 tablespoons oil.
3. Brown the onions, and then the meat. Add potatoes and carrots and cook all together.
4. Add 3 3/4 cups water and bring to a boil. Skim the scum and fat off the surface.
5. Simmer at low heat for 20 min or until veggies have become tender.
6. Turn off heat.
7. Take half a box of curry roux and drop 1-2 blocks at a time into the pot. Wait for it to dissolve.
8. Gently stir to make sure curry roux is thoroughly melted and simmer at low heat until the curry thickens (about 5 min).
9. Serve with rice.
- Serves 10-12 people
- Spice Level: 1 / 5
- Ingredients: wheat flour, palm & rapeseed oil, salt, sugar, curry powder, spices, caramel color, monosodium glutamate, malic acid, disodium guanylate, disodium inosinate
- WARNING: May contain traces of SOYBEANS, MILK, APPLE & GELATINE.