Miyama Yusan Bento 174 | Sugi
- Regular price
- $ 444.15 USD
- Regular price
$ 493.50 USD
- Sale price
- $ 444.15 USD
- Unit price
Dimensions: 16 x 12 x 18 cm (XL Size) (6.2 x 4.7 x 7 in)
Weight: 806g (1.7 lb)
Handcrafted in Miyama, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
- Please note: The wood may have naturally occurring small indentations and marks (featured in the product photos) which are intentionally left to reflect the natural state of the material.
- Coated with beeswax or food-safe urethane
- NOT microwave or dishwasher safe
- Wash by hand using warm water and a cloth. Hand dry with a soft cloth and allow to completely air dry before storing.
- As no plastic seals were used in this box, we recommend using separate sealed bottles to transport sauces and liquids.
Taxes & Customs FeesShipping products from Japan may be subject to taxes and to customs fees in the country of delivery. These costs are the customer’s responsibility.
These costs include the sales tax in the country of delivery (applied to the total value of the order), duties on the cost of products (around 6% for the European Union) and fees to the carrier for handling (typically $10 to $20).
For our customers in the USA:
Most packages with a declared value that is under $2000 USD will be cleared without any fees.
For our customers in Australia:
Orders below $1000 AUD are regarded as 'low value imports' by Australian customs. As of 01 July 2018, customs duties may apply to any goods imported from overseas by consumers in Australia. For more information please visit the Australian customs website.
For our customers in Canada:
Orders above $20 CAN require that you pay the applicable duties and the GST. For more information please visit the Canadian customs website.
We understand that custom fees are worrying for some of you. We hope that you are reassured by the fact that, when buying on Bento&co, you really are ordering direct from Japan- getting authentic and original Japanese items that are not easily found anywhere else.
For Express Shipping: FedEx, UPS and DHL usually send an invoice a few days after delivery where as EMS (JP Post shipped, delivered by your National Post) generally charges the required sum at delivery.
For Registered & Economy Shipping: Your national carrier will generally bill you when applicable.
The following list describes EU rules for custom fees:
- EU Directives calculated Total Value of the order as a combination of the price of product and shipping fees.
- For orders with a Total Value of 22 Euros and below: Exempted from both tax and import duty.
- For orders with a Total Value ranging between 22 to 150 euros: The buyer is responsible for paying the consumption tax of the total value.
- For orders with a Total Value that exceeds 150 euros, The buyer is responsible for paying both consumption tax and import duty of the total value.
One day, a Miyama woodworker named Mr. Asehira saw Bento&co featured on local TV, and was inspired to make bento boxes of his own! When we saw his results, we were thrilled. Mr. Asehira continues to hand make these limited edition bento boxes, and we are honored to be able to sell them on our shop exclusively.
The Yusan Box
The Yusan box originates in Tokushima, a prefecture in Shikoku island, Japan. Traditionally, small children in this region were gifted their own wooden, three-tiered Yusan bento box by their family. Filled with delicious foods, children brought these bento boxes with them (convenient thanks to its handle) as they played outdoors, and in particular on outing on Hina Matsuri (Girl's Day). Mr. Asehira has created his own version of this heartwarming, traditional item, the Miyama Yusan Bento, featuring three sliding compartments made from exquisite Tochi (Horse Chestnut) wood.
Use as a bento box for food, or to store jewelry or other small treasures!
On the left: illustrated children's book about Yusan Bako by Yamasaki Junyo.