Magewappa | Azuki
- Regular price
- $ 101.70 USD
- Regular price
$ 113.00 USD
- Sale price
- $ 101.70 USD
- Unit price
Dimensions: 17 x 9 x 9.5 cm (6.69" x 3.54" x 3.74")
Capacity: 890 mL (lower tier 500ml, upper tier 390ml)
Lovingly made one-by-one in Odate, Akita (Japan) by local craftsmen
Materials: Japanese Cedarwood, Polyurethane
What we love about it:
Wood is only lightly coated which allows rice packed inside to breathe, making it taste great even when at room temperature.
Removable inner divider included.
Wonderful cedar smell that makes your food taste even better.
Features the Bento&co logo on the inside of the lid.
Silky smooth surface and amazing workmanship.
- Do not microwave or place in dishwasher or oven. Best for carrying food to be enjoyed at room temperature.
- Pack foods that may stain the wood in a separate container, or in divider cups.
- To wash, fill the bento with lukewarm water and allow it to soak for 5 to 10 minutes max.
- Empty the water and wipe all sides of the bento and lid with a soft sponge and a mild dish detergent and rinse.
- Wipe with a soft cloth, then allow to air-dry with lid off in a well-ventilated place away from sunlight.
Taxes & Customs FeesShipping products from Japan may be subject to taxes and to customs fees in the country of delivery. These costs are the customer’s responsibility.
These costs include the sales tax in the country of delivery (applied to the total value of the order), duties on the cost of products (around 6% for the European Union) and fees to the carrier for handling (typically $10 to $20).
For our customers in the USA:
Most packages with a declared value that is under $2000 USD will be cleared without any fees.
For our customers in Australia:
Orders below $1000 AUD are regarded as 'low value imports' by Australian customs. As of 01 July 2018, customs duties may apply to any goods imported from overseas by consumers in Australia. For more information please visit the Australian customs website.
For our customers in Canada:
Orders above $20 CAN require that you pay the applicable duties and the GST. For more information please visit the Canadian customs website.
We understand that custom fees are worrying for some of you. We hope that you are reassured by the fact that, when buying on Bento&co, you really are ordering direct from Japan- getting authentic and original Japanese items that are not easily found anywhere else.
For Express Shipping: FedEx, UPS and DHL usually send an invoice a few days after delivery where as EMS (JP Post shipped, delivered by your National Post) generally charges the required sum at delivery.
For Registered & Economy Shipping: Your national carrier will generally bill you when applicable.
The following list describes EU rules for custom fees:
- EU Directives calculated Total Value of the order as a combination of the price of product and shipping fees.
- For orders with a Total Value of 22 Euros and below: Exempted from both tax and import duty.
- For orders with a Total Value ranging between 22 to 150 euros: The buyer is responsible for paying the consumption tax of the total value.
- For orders with a Total Value that exceeds 150 euros, The buyer is responsible for paying both consumption tax and import duty of the total value.
How Magewappa Bento Boxes are Made
Magewappa craftsmen cut sustainably-sourced Akita cedar into thin strips, and then boil the wood to soften it. Then, they curve the wood strips using a wooden mold. The bent wood is dried and then bound with strips of dark cherry wood bark into bento boxes.