Magewappa Koban is a classic, genuine Odate Magewappa bento box, made of sugi (Japanese cedar wood). Magewappa means 'bent wood' in Japanese and is a traditional form of woodworking found in Odate, Akita prefecture (Northern Japan). The Magewappa Koban is a large, one-tier, oval shaped box with a matching fitted lid.
What we love about it:
- Made from sustainably farmed sugi (Japanese cedar) wood.
- Removable inner divider included.
- Wood is only lightly coated which allows rice packed inside to breathe, making it taste great even when at room temperature.
- Wonderful cedar smell that makes your food taste even better.
- Features the Bento&co logo on the inside of the lid.
- Silky smooth surface and amazing workmanship.
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 13 cm x 6 cm high (8.26" x 5.11" x 2.4")
- Capacity: Approximately 720ml.
- Made in Japan, in Odate, Akita prefecture.
Since the wood is finished with just a thin layer of Polyurethane paint, some care is required:
Wash in lukewarm water. Do not use dishwasher detergent unless absolutely necessary.
Pack food that may stain the wood in a separate container, silicone cups.
Use a gentle sponge.
Do not leave soaking in water.
After washing, wipe off any excess water with a soft cloth, then leave the box open to dry completely.
With proper care, this box will last for many years.