The Shikiri Bento has a simple concept: compartments. And this makes it just about the most convenient bento box around. This new version of the shikiri box is larger (870ml!) and even stronger than before.
Shikiri means 'divider' in Japanese, and the Shikiri Bento includes more compartments, diving your bento, than any other bento box we've seen before. Shikiri Bento is a bento box with a lot of functionality and neutral design making it suitable for use by anyone.
The lid has a silicone rim and clips to securely snap on to the box. It also has a transparent compartment on the underside to hold a pair of chopsticks (included), a packet of instant miso soup, furikake, a small napkin or anything you want.
Each Shikiri Bento box comes with 3 movable elements: a horizontal separator, and two 3-compartment inner dividers or cups that fit snugly. Use the horizontal separator in it for simple bentos, just one of the divider cups for multi-item bentos, or both for a bento with lots of little portions. This box is perfect for perfectionists.
Details & Care
- This is a single-layer box.
- Total volume: 870 ml (good for hungry adults).
- Dimensions : 20 × 16.5 × 5.5 cm (7.8" x 6.4" x 2.1").
- One very important thing: The box has a silicon rim to prevent leakage, but if you tip it on its side with liquids (like sauces) inside it, it will leak. Please make sure to always carry your box carefully.
- Microwave-safe (maximum of 2 minutes at 700 watts, otherwise the box may be damaged) with the lid removed.
- Dishwasher-safe except for the transparent inner lid, which should be hand-washed.
- Keep away from open flames.
- Do not put in an oven or on the stove.
- Box Polypropylene (BPA-free).
- Made in Japan.