Rie shows us today how to pack a simple and healthy bento made of Ragu Bolognaise Spaghetti and a yummy salad :-)
And we got Rie's exclusive pasta recipe:
There is a phrase about cooking meat sauce and it goes like this :
“If you don’t have red wine, don’t even think about making meat sauce!”
Red wine is very necessary in this recipe. When you have a party and have some leftover red wine, please remember you have this recipe.
Minced beef: 800g
Olive oil: 2 table spoons
Onion: 1 middle sized onion
Carrot: 1 middle sized carrot
Garlic: 3 cloves, crushed
Red wine: 150-200cc
Tomato in can: 2 (400g each)
Flour: 2 table spoons
Beef consomme cube: 1.5 pieces
Bay leaves: 2
salt, black pepper
Ketchup, Tonkatsu sauce: 2 table spoons each
Grated parmesan cheese
1. Put onion, carrot and celery in a food processor and mince.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan and add garlic, fry over medium heat.
3. Add onion, carrot and celery and fry 7-8 minutes.
4. Bring the heat a little bit higher and add the minced beef. Do not put
1 huge chunk in the pan. Use your fingers and crumble. Fry 15 min.
Salt and pepper.
5. Pour in the wine and stir well to mix beef and vegetables with red wine.
6. Bring to a boil and let it cook for 10 minutes.
7. Add flour and mix well.
8. Add tomatoes, consomme cube, herbs. Mix well.
9. Let it simmer and cook for about 70 minutes over low-medium heat.
10. When 50 minutes have passed, add in 2 table spoons of ketchup and
1 table spoon of tonkatsu sauce. Please taste and adjust.
11, Cook your pasta and serve this sauce over it. Bon appétit!
More detailed explanation of the packing process here : https://riesbentoandcooking.wordpress.com/2015/02/12/seafood-spaghetti-in-bento/
Getting inspired? Share with us your bento pictures and videos ;-)