Following Bento Weekend 18, Soup Bento, Elise sent us this recipe and a nice photo of her tomato soup with basil.
Winter is approaching, so when the first waves of cold come, stay warm with this great dish, maybe with our Bento&co Soup Cup? (wink, wink)
Her recipe, step by step
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and immerse the tomatoes in 10-20 seconds. Drain and refresh under the cold tap . Remove their skin.
- Cut them in half, remove the stem and seeds.
- Cut the tomatoes into chunks .
- Peel potatoes and cut into pieces.
- Peel the garlic cloves and onion , cut into four cloves and onion in thick slices .
- Pour olive oil in a saucepan and heat it over medium heat / high and fry the onion and garlic in stir . When the onion becomes slightly transparent , add the chopped tomatoes and potatoes. Stir a few moments, and sprinkle with vegetable broth.
- Salt to taste , cook until boiling , then reduce heat . Cook to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile , wash the basil leaves in tap water , dry them and chop them to help a pair of scissors.
- When the vegetables have finished cooking , mix until smooth and well blended.
- Add the cream and mix. Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Thank you Elise for this recipe and clear idea of soup to add to your next bento !