Shipping and Delivery
To know how much shipping cost will be for an order, simply add items to the cart, and shipping cost choices will be displayed under the section "Get shipping estimates", after entering your country and zip code (see screenshot bellow). You can choose between "economy air shipping", "standard", "express" or "FedEx".
We offer free shipping to most countries for orders of more than 190 USD.II. SHIPMENT
Every order is prepared within 24 to 48 hours after payment confirmation (except Saturdays, Sundays and Japanese bank holidays).
We ship worldwide. If your country is not listed during the checkout process, feel free to contact us because we can ship to every worldwide.
As soon as your parcel is picked up by the shipping company, you’ll receive a shipping confirmation e-mail.
Please be aware that delays in shipping and customs may occur. Unfortunately, we cannot be responsible for this type of delay.
The price of the products excluding the shipping cost will be displayed on your package.
1. FedExThis well-known, international company will take care of your parcel from Kyoto to the delivery destination. FedEx deliveries are fast and usually within 4 to 5 days to Europe and North America.
- You can track your parcels on the
- with the tracking number included in the shipping confirmation.
- FedEx delivers from Monday to Friday. The receiver must be there to sign the delivering slip. So, having packages delivered to your workplace may be a good idea. Please give as much as information you can to help the deliverer, such as intercom codes, floor numbers, etc.
- Be careful, once your parcel has been shipped, FedEx will charge us US $15.00 for every shipping address change, so please, don’t overuse it.
- Almost every parcel sent by FedEx is subject to taxes and custom fees in the country of delivery. An invoice will be sent to the same address as the shipping address.
- If the case of any
- , please contact FedEx Customer Service of your country directly, with your tracking number.
* Economy air shipping (SAL) :
A cheap service with a wide national Post network. Packages sent with this service have no tracking number, no insurance and so set delivery time. This service is only available for order less than 2 Kg.
Delivery usually takes about 2 to 4 weeks to Europe or North America. It can be longer depending on the period (the holiday season for instance). For some areas, delivery can take more than a month.
* Standard shipping :
With this service, delivery also usually takes about 2 to 4 weeks to Europe and North America, but parcels have a tracking number. Parcels sent with this service can be tracked here. The tracking number for this service is only available while the package is in the possession of the Japanese Postal Service. Online tracking will only show the parcel's details until it leaves Japan. One thing you can do to expedite this process is to bring your number that’s provided in your Bento&co confirmation email to your local post office representative. This shipment type is insured up to 6000 Yen. This service is only available for order less than 2 Kg.
* Express Mail Shipping (EMS) :
Deliveries with this service are fast and usually delivered within 4 to 5 days to Europe and North America. EMS is insured in case of loss or damage up to 20,000 yen. Parcels sent with this service can be tracked at the EMS websitewith the tracking number included in the shipping confirmation.
* Airmail :
For areas which are not covered by the SAL or EMS tariffs, parcels can be shipped with the Airmail service (mainly for caribbean islands).
Send an e-mail with your order number to email@example.com
- Delay: for SAL shipments, it is possible that a package can take up to 45 days for delivery, so we can only be of help after this period of time. If you are concerned and it has not yet reached the 45 day mark, first, go to you post office and ask if a parcel is waiting for you there. Then, if you still haven’t receive it, please contact us after the 45 days. For FedEx or EMS shipments, please go to the online tracking service track your order.
- Damage: If you have a product that was damaged during delivery, please e-mail us within 3 days after receiving it and include pictures of your damaged item.
- Mistakes: If you believe there has been a mistake with your order, we will do all we can to remedy the problem. Contact us and we will take care of it. .
- In the case of a parcel being returned to us: If your parcel has been sent back to us by FedEx or the the postal service (for example, due to an unknown or mistaken address or unclaimed parcel). We'll contact you to reship it. If this happens, shipping costs will be based on the carriers' prices, not the regular prices on the Bento&Co shop.
V. TAXES & CUSTOM FEES
Shipping of a product from Japan may be subject to taxes and to custom fees in the country of delivery. These supplementary costs are the customer’s responsibility.
These costs include the sales tax in the country of delivery (applied to the total cost of the order), duties on the cost of products (around 6% for the European Union) and fees to FedEx.
FedEx usually sends the invoice a few days after the delivery compare with EMS, which generally charge you right at the delivery.
We have to display the full value of your purchase on the customs label with no exceptions.
We understand that custom fees are worrying for some of you. We hope that you are reassured by the fact that, while buying on Bento&Co, you can get real Japanese original boxes that you won’t be able to find anywhere else, at a good value.